COVID 19 RESPONSE
At St. Charles Borromeo, we never stop keeping kids safe, engaged, and learning.
During the Spring 2020 school closure, students received learning packets starting the first week of the school closure and teachers began engaging with students from home. This continues through the end of the school year. All families were able to access meals for all 7 days of the week. We officially began online learning, ensuring all students had the technology and access they needed to connect to the new online learning environment, coupled with packets and office hours with their teacher.
We are proud of our teachers and students for their strength and spirit during this remarkable time.
We will never stop teaching!
Fall Planning – Update 8/31/2020
Our goal of keeping children safe, engaged, and learning is our #1 priority. Currently, we are offering three options on your path back to school, subject to the rules of the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction and local health department guidelines:
In Person Learning:
This option is for parents who are comfortable allowing their children to return to school with significantly modified procedures to minimize exposure and ensure the safety of children and staff. This option includes:
- Smaller groups of students and teachers who learn, eat, and engage together without close contact with other groups.
- Adjusted school day hours and calendar to accommodate this new environment.
- Flexibility to allow for digital learning to occur in the case of individual or group quarantine.
- A custom plan for our school, following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control, state and local health departments.
This option is for parents who choose home learning in order to minimize possible exposure. Also, there are some children who are at risk for severe illness due to COVID- 19 or live with others who are at high risk for severe COVID-19. Children who are quarantined will also have this option available to them for that period of time. This option includes:
- Fully digital learning environment led by a Seton principal with lessons delivered by Seton teachers.
- Chromebooks and hot spots provided if needed.
- Live and recorded teacher-led instruction.
- Curriculum that aligns with classroom instruction.
- Social-emotional support.
- Specials and extra-curriculars provided.
- Screen time will be appropriate based on the age of the child.
Students are able to begin the year with either the digital option or in person learning and choose to transition at certain times throughout the year.
Regardless of the option chosen, students and families will remain an engaged part of the school community and receive regular communication from the school.
If you have not yet enrolled for 2021-22, we have spaces available in some grade levels.
Lunch pickup for all digital pathway students is on Mondays and Thursdays from 11:15am-1:45pm.
All in-person pathway are offered a backpack meal every Thursday for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
ACADEMIC PACKET DISTRIBUTION & DROP OFF
Every Monday from 7am – 3pm
CHROMEBOOK AND HOT SPOT CHECKOUT
For families who need chromebooks and internet hot spots during this time, the checkout period has ended but you may contact the school at any time if the need arises.
“The communication has been astounding! I love that the teachers, principal and staff have stayed connected with parents and children. I feel they did a great job with keeping my child educated while out of the physical building.”