COVID 19 RESPONSE
At St. Charles Borromeo, we never stop keeping kids safe, engaged, and learning.
During the Spring 2020 school closure, students received learning packets starting the first week of the school closure and teachers began engaging with students from home. This continues through the end of the school year. All families are able to access meals for all 7 days of the week through Friday, June 26. We officially began online learning, ensuring all students had the technology and access they needed to connect to the new online learning environment, coupled with packets and office hours with their teacher.
We are proud of our teachers and students for their strength and spirit during this remarkable time.
Please check this page again soon for more information about our plans for the Fall. We will never stop teaching!
Fall Planning – Update 6/30/2020
We are preparing for Fall with the goal of keeping children safe, engaged, and learning. A survey went out to currently enrolled families to provide input and help ensure we are meeting the needs of families and staff in our plans. Currently, we are considering offering three options on your path back to school, subject to the rules of the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction and local health department guidelines:
In Person Learning:
This option would be for parents who are comfortable allowing their children to return to school with significantly modified procedures to minimize exposure and ensure the safety of children and staff. We anticipate that this option would include:
- Smaller groups of students and teachers who learn, eat, and engage together without close contact with other groups.
- Adjusted school day hours and calendar to accommodate this new environment.
- Flexibility to allow for digital learning to occur in the case of individual or group quarantine.
- A custom plan for our school, following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control, state and local health departments.
As more information has come out about COVID-19, some parents have expressed a preference to continue at home learning in order to minimize possible exposure. Also, there are some children who are at risk for severe illness due to COVID- 19 or live with others who are at high risk for severe COVID-19. Children who are quarantined will also have this option available to them for that period of time. We anticipate that this option would include:
- Fully digital learning environment led by a Seton principal with lessons delivered by Seton teachers.
- Chromebooks and hot spots provided if needed.
- Live and recorded teacher-led instruction.
- Curriculum that aligns with classroom instruction.
- Social-emotional support.
- Specials and extra-curriculars provided.
- Screen time will be appropriate based on the age of the child.
Students could begin the year with either the digital option or in person learning and choose to transition at certain times throughout the year.
Regardless of the option chosen, students and families will remain an engaged part of the school community and receive regular communication from the school.
If you have not yet enrolled for 2020-21, we have spaces available in some grade levels.
Meal pickup for all 7 days of the week is available to all children under 18 in the household.
Mondays-Wednesdays-Fridays from 11am – 1pm and 4pm – 5pm
Through Friday, June 26
ACADEMIC PACKET DISTRIBUTION & DROP OFF
Every Wednesday from 11am – 1pm and from 4pm – 5pm
Through Wednesday, June 10
CHROMEBOOK AND HOT SPOT CHECKOUT
For families who need chromebooks and internet hot spots during this time, the checkout period has ended but you may contact the school at any time if the need arises.
“The communication has been astounding! I love that the teachers, principal and staff have stayed connected with parents and children. I feel they did a great job with keeping my child educated while out of the physical building.”